Stop the negative self-talk. At the root this is where playing not to lose starts. The doubts, the wavering belief, the thoughts that you aren’t worthy or deserving of success. Negative self-talk feeds negative emotions, which drives inconsistent focus and performance. Positive self talk has the opposite effect; it feeds into positive emotions, leading to a more relaxed, focused and inherently better performance
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It’s a collaboration of national public service organizations, professional medical associations and government agencies that work together to promote breast cancer awareness, share information on the disease and provide greater access to services. And though many great strides have been made in breast cancer awareness and treatment, there remains much to be accomplished. Coast Soccer League, along with many other sports organizations, show their support by wearing pink.
New referees can contact Jim Mentz, Director of Referees / Referee Training email@example.com to be added to the email group for referee sign ups.
LOS COYOTES will be closed for practices on Tuesday October 6th and Tuesday November 10th for school events.
Here are 5 quick tips to develop the attitude of an athlete who Competes to win:
- Finish what you start. Are you the type of athelete who gives 80% in practice? Or doesn’t finish the main sets on a regular basis? Get in the habit of finishing the things you start, for once you make not completing the work you set out do a habit than it will extend out into your competitions as well.
- Focus on only yourself. Set goals for yourself that don’t hinge on the performances of others. Your training and prep shouldn’t hinge on what others are doing.
- Be aggressive. When you have established momentum, don’t let it go. When you have a streak of great practices, do your best to extend the chain for as long as you can. Similarly with your races, swim with aggression, confidence and energy from beginning to end.
- Be willing to dream big. Get in touch with the child-like enthusiasm for achieving hugely massive stuff again. Sure, some of the things that you wanted a kid might have been a little, um, unrealistic (I wanted to be Optimus Prime, after all…), but that doesn’t mean you should stop reaching big.
- Stop the negative self-talk. At the root this is where playing not to lose starts. The doubts, the wavering belief, the thoughts that you aren’t worthy or deserving of success. Negative self-talk feeds negative emotions, which drives inconsistent focus and performance. Positive self talk has the opposite effect; it feeds into positive emotions, leading to a more relaxed, focused and inherently better performance.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ LMSA BOARD MEETINGS ARE HELD THE 3RD TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH AT 7PM @ THE LA MIRADA RESOURCE CENTER. If you are interested in becoming a board member and/or help during the upcoming season contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer and Live Scan Information
All Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Referees, and Team Parents MUST fill out a new Cal South Volunteer form and be live-scanned before they can start volunteering. If you have been live-scanned through another organization, you will still need to be live-scanned through LMSA. You only need to be live-scanned once through LMSA. Please call to make an appointment. Please print and take a Live-Scan Form with you.